Well it was a beautiful week … until our field trip on Friday! We had a great field trip to the Local Harvest, and the rain mostly held off. We took a little barrel tour, visited the animals, went through all the greenhouses, and planted our own tomato plants, all while learning lots! Thanks to all the parents that were able to join us. We have been busy this week working on our creative stories and researching/writing our science reports about different insects. We started learning about perimeter in math, using both non-standard and nonstandard units of measure. An assembly this week taught us about Digital Safety … including information about what is safe/unsafe to share online, as well as how being kind online is also important. Lots happening! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Dates to Remember:
Friday, May 12th – Knight Day
Monday, May 15th – Fraser River Discovery Presentation
Thursday, May 18th – Zoo field trip
Friday, May 19th – Pro-d Day
Monday, May 22nd – Victoria Day, no school
Friday, May 26th – Knight Day
Monday, May 29th – Spring Showcase
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Return Permission slips that went home for the Zoo as soon as possible
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Friday Letters – don’t forget to write a letter to your child each week, they really look forward to reading and responding to them when we pull them out on Fridays!
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: firstname.lastname@example.org