Friday Update

Yesterday we had our Remembrance Day Assembly, and the students did such a great job singing in the assembly. It was a great service to remember those who fought for freedom in our country. And it was beautiful to hear some of the stories of our classmates share on the video about family members who fought. I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend, and I look forward to connecting with each of you next week!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, November 13th – Remembrance Day Stat (In Lieu of), no school

Tuesday, November 14th – Poinsettia fundraiser closes (details below)

Wednesday, November 15th – Parent-Teacher Interviews, no regular classes

Thursday, November 16th – Skating Field Trip

Wednesday, November 22nd – Western Day

Thursday, November 30th – Poinsettia order pickup

Spelling:

So spelling list this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

Luke 2:3-14

And everyone went to their own town to register. So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared  with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Still missing a couple of skating permission slips – please return on Tuesday!
  • Home Reading – be sure to be reading each night!
  • Thursday is Library day – just a reminder to return library books on that day so your child can take out new books
  • Gym strip goes home on Fridays and needs to be returned on Mondays!
  • Don’t forget to send water bottles
  • Contact Information for me: trast@highroadacademy.com

Friday Update

A couple of beautiful Fall days this week! First time we have had a full week for a bit, and everyone worked hard. We have been learning about Ecosystems in Science, and what animals need in their environment to survive. We have been learning, planning and brainstorming, and then this afternoon we spent time creating our enclosures. The students were able to be creative and it was so awesome to see what they came up with. (I will post pictures on Seesaw for you to see what they have done, ask them to tell you about it!) Have a wonderful weekend!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, October 30th

• Photo Retakes (check with the office if you want to have retakes)
  • hot lunch for November 6th must be ordered by today!

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

Monday, November 6th – Pay to Wear Casual and Hot Lunch day (details below)

Thursday, November 9th – Remembrance Day Assembly

Friday, November 10th – Pro-D day, no school

Wednesday, November 22nd – Western Day

Spelling:

List will be introduced on Monday, October 30th and tested on Friday, November 3rd.

1. November
  2. poppy
  3. remember
  4. forget
  5. coat
  6. bring
  7. belong
  8. ecosystem
  9. call
  10. yard

Bible Memory:

Luke 2:3-14

Reminders and Other Information:

• Don’t forget to send water bottles

November 6th is Pay to Wear Casual day – $2 minimum – the money raised goes towards the High School Missions Trip. Also part of this fundraiser is hot lunch, which must be ordered on Munchalunch before Monday, October 30th!

Parent Teacher Interviews:

If you have not yet signed up for a time slot, please email me so we can set up a time that works! I’d like to meet with each family and connect!

Pizza Day Information:

• Pizza MUST be ordered through Munchalunch, day of ordering will no longer be accomodated
  • Due to parent/teacher interviews (more details on Monday) Orders can still be purchased through MunchaLunch under the November 15th date, but will be delivered to the students on Thursday, November 16th

Weekly Update

I always appreciate when the students are flexible and quick to respond in situations that are unexpected or out of the ordinary. This week has had a couple of serious situations where I have been proud of how quick and responsive the students were. I can’t say I’m sad to see the end of this week, it has been a lot going on, but I am thankful that God is good, and that he is faithful. I pray that this weekend is a restful and relaxing one for everyone!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, October 30th – Photo Retakes – check in with the office if you want retakes

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

Spelling:

1. September
  2. October
  3. about
  4. year
  5. Fall
  6. house
  7. way
  8. fruit
  9. spirit
  10. hundred

Bible Memory:

Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,  they comfort me. You prepare a table before me  in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Don’t forget to send water bottles

Pizza Day Information:

• Due to parent/teacher interviews (more details on Monday) Orders can still be purchased through MunchaLunch under the November 15th date, but will be delivered to the students on Thursday, November 16th

Couple of Incidents

Just want to make you all aware that we have had a couple of incidents, yesterday and today, that have required us to call 911. We want to make sure it is clear that the students involved from both days are ok, they are doing well. I want you to be aware, as today was a little scary for some of the students in the room, and they may want/need to talk about it. Please let me know if you have any concerns. Thank you!

Friday Update

A full and busy week, despite only being 4 days! This week, in gym, we started working on volleyball skills. Students are learning how to bump and set, which means a lot of balls flying every which direction. Our writing topic this week was about a special person in our lives. It was great to hear about all the unique and beautiful relationships that fill their lives! Have a wonderful weekend!

Dates to Remember:

Friday, October 20th – Pro-d Day, no school

Monday, October 30th – Photo Retakes

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

Spelling:

No Spelling list this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

Psalm 23:1-6

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home reading went home this week, if you have any questions about it, please let me know
  • Don’t forget to send water bottles

Friday Update

We have had a great week in Grade Three. The Apple Barn, while a little wet, was a lot of fun. They were able to enjoy the corn maze, picking pumpkins, petting and feeding the goats, among many other things. We also spent some time talking about turkey’s and gratitude, and all things Thanksgiving. It has been a great week. I hope you enjoy the long weekend remembering all that we have to be grateful for!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, October 9th – Thanksgiving, no school

Wednesday, October 11th – Fall Colours Day

Friday, October 20th – Pro-D day, no school

Monday, October 30th – Photo Retakes (let the office know if you need them)

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

Spelling:

There will be no spelling list this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

Psalm 23:1-6

Reminders and Other Information:

• Please return updated Comfort Kits on Monday – they will be stored away, so that is your last day
  • Gym strip went home to be washed over the weekend … please wash and return it for Monday! 
  • A criminal record check will be MANDATORY to be in the classroom or to participate on field trips, please make sure you have these on file at the office, or get the process started right away
  • Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important to bring their own.

Weekly Update

Happy weekend. I hope you are all able to find some time to rest and enjoy the sunshine while it is here! Enjoy the extra day this weekend.

October Dates:

Monday, October 2nd – Truth and Reconciliation Day, no school

Wednesday, October 4th – Apple Barn (rain or shine, send your child prepared!)

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

Spelling:

This is our last week of No Excuse Words – so we will complete them over the short week. List will be introduced on Tuesday, October 3rd, and tested on Friday, October 6th.

1. could
  2. said
  3. some
  4. their
  5. there
  6. why
  7. would
  8. your
  9. what
  10. when

Bible Memory:

We are starting our Bible Memory for October. We will be working on memorizing Psalm 23:1-6. We will work on it together as a class, but I would encourage you to also be practicing it with your child at home. Students will recite their memory verse to me at the end of the month.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,  they comfort me. You prepare a table before me  in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Apple Barn field trip is on Wednesday this week … we will be going rain or shine, please make sure that you send your child dressed appropriately for this! And pray for sunshine for us!
  • Please return updated Comfort Kits as they will be stored away shortly

Don’t forget: As the rainy season begins, students will head outdoors for recess, even in the rain. It is crucial that students are dressed appropriately for all types of weather. We kindly request that you ensure your child comes to school prepared with the necessary attire to stay dry and comfortable during rainy days.

Rainy Days!

As the rainy season begins, we want to remind parents that students will head outdoors for recess, even in the rain. It is crucial that students are dressed appropriately for all types of weather. We kindly request that you ensure your child comes to school prepared with the necessary attire to stay dry and comfortable during rainy days.