While this week has seemed to have less scheduled than the last few weeks, we have still been busy, and working hard in Grade Two. We did have an unexpected fire alarm go off while the kids were outside at lunch recess, on Monday. They did a great job remembering to go to our meeting spot (out on the field) and line up, quickly. That was great to see!
Dates to Remember:
Monday, May 16th – Earthquake Drill
Wednesday, May 18th – Grandparents Day
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Bring in home reading and poetry books
- Hopefully you have been in communication with your grandparents, we are looking forward to inviting them into our class!
- We will be having a Plant Sale on May 16-18 from 3-4pm. There will be hanging baskets, as well as various basket stuffers. All proceeds will benefit the HRA Garden.
- As some of you may know, the Loewen family will be moving to the mission field this summer. As a school, we would like to raise funds to help them through the moving process. Here are a few ways that you can get involved:
- You can make a monetary donation as will be taking a love offering at our Spring Sing on May 30th
- You can purchase cupcakes at our “Cupcake Sale” on June 8th
Thank you in advance for supporting the Loewen family during this exciting time!
- We have been reading through the novel “Charlotte’s Web” and Mrs. Folkerts class has also been reading the same novel, and so we are going to have a movie party on Monday, May 16th together with Mrs. Folkerts class. Please let me know if you have any concerns about this movie. Thank you!