Well, we survived it … our first full week in a month, with a couple of non-uniform, out of the ordinary days! It was busy, and a bit chaotic at times, but a good week. We also had our first lockdown drill of the year. The Grade 2’s did a fantastic job of listening and following the instructions during the drill. We had hot lunch, which ran much smoother this time around, so we were happy about that. The Book Fair was open before and after schools this week, and it always exciting for them to pick out new books to read!
Dates to Remember:
Monday, November 5th – Class Photos – full dress uniform
Tuesday, November 6th – Healthy Relationships Assembly
Friday, November 9th – Remembrance Day Assembly – 2pm – full dress uniform
Spelling and Phonograms:
List will be introduced on Monday, November 5th, and tested on Friday, November 9th.
ay, ei, oe, kn, ph, eigh, th, ar, sh, ng
Our Bible Memory for the month of November is all of Psalm 23.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters
Reminders and Other Information:
- remember your Home Reading
- Our HS students who are going to Thailand in the Spring for a Missions Trip are selling coupons for Panago Pizza. The coupon is for $13 for any medium pizza. Coupons can be purchased at the office.
- Please remember that we have a couple of extra full dress uniform days next week – for class pictures and for Remembrance Day
- Winter Uniform has begun – no more shorts!
- Spell to Write and Read Parent Seminar – we will be hosting a seminar on Nov. 21st to let you know all about the program that we use every day. If you would like more information on how it works, please come and join us from 3:15-4:15pm
One thought on “Weekly Update”
Is there a new spelling list for this week?