Weekly Update

I always appreciate when the students are flexible and quick to respond in situations that are unexpected or out of the ordinary. This week has had a couple of serious situations where I have been proud of how quick and responsive the students were. I can’t say I’m sad to see the end of this week, it has been a lot going on, but I am thankful that God is good, and that he is faithful. I pray that this weekend is a restful and relaxing one for everyone!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, October 30th – Photo Retakes – check in with the office if you want retakes

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

Spelling:

1. September
  2. October
  3. about
  4. year
  5. Fall
  6. house
  7. way
  8. fruit
  9. spirit
  10. hundred

Bible Memory:

Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,  they comfort me. You prepare a table before me  in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home Reading – be sure to be reading each night!
  • Thursday is Library day – just a reminder to return library books on that day so your child can take out new books
  • Gym strip goes home on Fridays and needs to be returned on Mondays!
  • Don’t forget to send water bottles
  • Contact Information for me: trast@highroadacademy.com

Pizza Day Information:

• Pizza MUST be ordered through Munchalunch, day of ordering will no longer be accomodated
  • Due to parent/teacher interviews (more details on Monday) Orders can still be purchased through MunchaLunch under the November 15th date, but will be delivered to the students on Thursday, November 16th