Happy weekend. I hope you are all able to find some time to rest and enjoy the sunshine while it is here! Enjoy the extra day this weekend.
Monday, October 2nd – Truth and Reconciliation Day, no school
Wednesday, October 4th – Apple Barn (rain or shine, send your child prepared!)
Monday, October 9th – Thanksgiving, no school
Wednesday, October 11th – Fall Colours Day
Friday, October 20th – Pro-D day, no school
Monday, October 30th – Photo Retakes (let the office know if you need them)
Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day
This is our last week of No Excuse Words – so we will complete them over the short week. List will be introduced on Tuesday, October 3rd, and tested on Friday, October 6th.
We are starting our Bible Memory for October. We will be working on memorizing Psalm 23:1-6. We will work on it together as a class, but I would encourage you to also be practicing it with your child at home. Students will recite their memory verse to me at the end of the month.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Apple Barn field trip is on Wednesday this week … we will be going rain or shine, please make sure that you send your child dressed appropriately for this! And pray for sunshine for us!
- Please return updated Comfort Kits as they will be stored away shortly
- Gym strip went home to be washed over the weekend … please wash and return it for Monday!
- A criminal record check will be MANDATORY to be in the classroom or to participate on field trips, please make sure you have these on file at the office, or get the process started right away
- Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important to bring their own.
- Contact Information for me: email@example.com
Don’t forget: As the rainy season begins, students will head outdoors for recess, even in the rain. It is crucial that students are dressed appropriately for all types of weather. We kindly request that you ensure your child comes to school prepared with the necessary attire to stay dry and comfortable during rainy days.