Friday Update

Pumpkins! Pumpkins! Pumpkins! This has been a focus this week. Starting with a great field trip to the Pumpkin Patch! Thanks to all the parents who came and joined us, even though it was a little wet and muddy! Fun was had by all. We described pumpkins, drew our own pumpkins, counted the seeds in our class pumpkin … and much more this week.

Dates to Remember:

Oct. 25-27th – Book Fair – before school and after school

Oct. 26th – Knight Day

Oct. 28th

• Fall Dress Up Day
  • Book Orders for October due

Spelling:

List will be introduced on Monday, Oct. 24th and tested on Friday, Oct. 28th

1. what
  2. spring
  3. summer
  4. fall
  5. winter
  6. or
  7. yet
  8. moon
  9. than
  10. take
  11. season
  12. storm
  13. corn
  14. tree
  15. blow
  16. alike
  17. put
  18. river
  19. each
  20. dinner

Bible Memory:

Psalm 138:1-6

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. When I call, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord. For though the Lord is exalted, yet he regards the lowly. But the haughty he knows from afar ”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Thank you for remembering to bring back your Home Reading
  • Interim Reports went home today – check planners
  • Missing just a few Comfort Kits still – if you have not brought one yet please do that ASAP
  • Just a reminder that Full Dress Uniforms on Wednesday has begun … please make sure you are dressing appropriately for that. If you are uncertain about what that means, please feel free to send me an email.
  • Book Fair – the book fair will be open before school and after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
  • Fall Dress Up – this is Fall Colours … students may wear casual pants and a fall coloured t-shirt – red, green, yellow, brown, orange – NO Costumes!

Pictures from the Week:

img_6263 img_6264 img_6269 img_6286 img_6281 img_6272

img_6308img_6299img_6296img_6300img_6306