Friday Update

The long weekend is here! I hope you all have a restful and family filled Thanksgiving weekend with lots of turkey or other delicious food. We have so much to be thankful for, something we have spent some time talking about this week.

Dates to Remember:

Monday, Oct. 9th – Thanksgiving – School Closed

Tuesday, Oct. 10th – Pro-D Day – School Closed

Wednesday, Oct. 11th – First Day of Full Dress Uniform

Spelling and Phonograms:

No spelling or phonograms this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

We will not be adding a new verse this week, but will continue to work on verses 1-4. Please make sure you are practicing with your child at home. It makes a significant difference.

Psalm 138:1-4

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. When I call, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Thank you to all the parents who came out to our Spell to Write and Read seminar. Support at home is huge and so having an understanding of what your child is doing in class is so beneficial!
  • Pumpkin patch field trip permission forms have gone home. Please return them as soon as you can.
  • WITS information page went home yesterday with your child. We use the WITS program to help our students deal with conflict and problems they are having with peers. Ask your child about what WITS stands for and how they use their WITS.
  • I am just finishing up Individual Reading Assessments with all the students and then I will be setting up my Home Reading program. Please be watching for that.

Pictures from Our Week:

Lunch Buddies!

Group Games:

Outside Play: