A busy and exciting week in Grade 2/3 … with an unexpected snow day in the middle. (I hope you all were able to get outside and enjoy the snow … it was such a beautiful day!) We had some fun building atoms for Science out of candy, learning about protons, electrons, and neutrons. And we have also continued talking about Canada in Social Studies. Our Decorating Party, while postponed and then adjusted slightly, was a huge success and lots of fun. We decorated and ate some delicious cookies! We created a couple different variety of trees, made some wreaths, and some snowmen to make our classroom look festive. A good time was had by all. We have also started our 12 day countdown … although our first day ended up being a snow day. Thursday was Tree Day/Decorating Party … we split into teams and did some tree STEM building projects. Watching the students work together and solve problems was excellent! And then Friday was Candy Cane Day. The students were excited to try measuring things with candy canes and making predictions for our candy cane science experiments. It has been a fun-filled week! I hope you all enjoy your weekend.
We like to end our day with dance parties these days … IMG_9717
Dates to Remember:
Thursday, December 8th – Pay to Wear Casual Day and Donuts/Cookies
Friday, December 9th – Knight Day
Wednesday, December 14th – Christmas Sweater/Colour Day
Friday, December 16th – Primary Christmas Concert @ 10:30 am and early dismissal – 11:30 am
December 17th – January 3rd – Christmas Holidays
List will be introduced on Monday, December 5th and tested on Friday, December 9th. This will be our last list until after Christmas.
- candy cane
(8) And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. (9)An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. (10) But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. (11) Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (12) This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (13) Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God, and saying, (14) “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.”
Reminders and Other Information:
- Christmas Accessories: Students may wear festive hats, scarves, gloves, and/or socks/leggings with their uniform. All items must be Christmas themed. Baseball caps and bucket hats do not count unless they are particularly Christmassy in some way.
- Salvation Army Food Drive – The food drive will start December 1st, note that cash donations are preferred as they can buy things at a discount price thus making the donation go farther.
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: email@example.com