Friday Update

A full and exhausting week! We have been working hard, doing lots of review and laying solid groundwork,  setting ourselves up for a successful year ahead.  We had our first chapel this week, which was an all elementary chapel. We met Mr. Andrew, who will be teaching us during chapel this year, got to know each other, and worshipped together. I hope you all have a restful weekend!

Dates to Remember:

Wednesday, September 20th – Terry Fox Run, bring a toonie for Terry!

Friday, September 29th – Orange Shirt Day

Spelling:

List will be introduced on Monday, September 18th, and tested on Friday, September 22nd.

1. all
  2. had
  3. each
  4. of
  5. these
  6. you
  7. other
  8. do
  9. the
  10. with

Reminders and Other Information:

We would like to remind everyone that our staff will be supervising the playground until 3:00. With the sunny weather, we have noticed an increase in the number of children and parents using the playground after school. At 3:00, our duty teachers will blow the whistle, signaling that ALL children need to leave the bark mulch and join their parents. For students without parents present, they will be directed to the lobby. Once the duty teachers blow their whistle three times, students who are with their parents can return to the playground. We appreciate your cooperation in ensuring the safety and well-being of all our students. 

• Gym strip went home to be washed over the weekend … please wash and return it for Monday! 
  • A criminal record check will be MANDATORY to be in the classroom or to participate on field trips, please make sure you have these on file at the office, or get the process started right away
  • Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important to bring their own
  • Planners have fone home and this will be an effective way to communicate back and forth – I check it each morning. Please be sure to bring it to school EVERY day.
  • Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750

Seesaw: You should have received an invitation to Seesaw from me (if you don’t see it, check your junk mail). I have already posted a couple of pictures, and would love for you to check it out. Please let me know if you are having trouble with it.