Grade Two has been busy this week! We had our Remembrance Day assembly on Tuesday, where the Grade Two’s did a fabulous job leading everyone in ‘O Canada’, and then had Wednesday off for Remembrance Day, which was a special treat 🙂 We have had some rainy days, which has meant we could not go outside, but the students have really been enjoying some DPA activities that we do on Go Noodle.
Dates to Remember for Next Week:
Monday, November 16th – Skating
Wednesday, November 18th – Full Dress Uniform
We have learned the last verse in this scripture! We are going to work on it for one more week to just make sure we really know it and can say the whole passage confidently.
“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul. All the kings of the earth will give thanks to You, O LORD, When they have heard the words of Your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the LORD, For great is the glory of the LORD. For though the LORD is exalted, Yet he regards the lowly, But the haughty He knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will protect me against the anger of my enemies. And your right hand will save me.The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.”
- bring your poetry books/home reading to school on Monday
- I am still missing a couple of skating forms … those need to be brought in, as we go skating on Monday!!
- Skating on Monday
- HELMETS ARE A MUST!! Please send a bike helmet for your child to wear on the ice
- You may wear PLAY CLOTHES on skating day 🙂
- Our ice time is from 1pm-2pm – we will be leaving the school at 12:30
- Parents are welcome to join us at the Prospera Centre, due to the number of children on the ice, we are not able to have siblings join us.