February is fast approaching , and with it a few different things going on. Please make sure that you mark your calendars! If you ordered a pink shirt, the order has been placed and you will receive it before Pink Shirt day later in February. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Dates to Remember/February Dates:
Tuesday, January 30th
- Term 1 Celebration of Learning
- Math Mayhem 6:30pm in the Gym
Wednesday, January 31st – Knight Day
Friday, February 2nd – Jump Rope for Heart Kickoff Assembly
Monday, February 12th – Family Day, School Closed
Wednesday, February 14th
- Valentine’s Dress Up and Celebration
- Love Guatemala Hot Lunch
Wednesday, February 21st – Skating Field Trip
Thursday, February 22nd – February Scholastic Book Orders Due
Friday, February 23rd – Pro-D Day
Wednesday, February 28th
- Pink Shirt Day (Anti-Bullying)
- Anti-Bullying Assembly
Spelling and Phonograms:
ear, ch, ck, ou, ph, ei, gn, wr, oe, au
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Bring in your Home Reading on your assigned day
- Math Mayhem is coming up Tuesday, January 30th – this is a great night to come and play different math games with your children. The event will run from 6:30-8pm on Tuesday, January 30th, and will be lots of fun. It happens in the gym.
- Celebration of Learning – On Tuesday, January 30th we are going to have a Popcorn and Movie afternoon to celebrate all the learning and achievements that we have been making this year in Grade Two. If your child would like to bring in an (appropriate) movie selection option on Monday, I will look through them, and then we will vote on what we would like to watch. Otherwise I will bring in a couple of options to select from 🙂