Good afternoon! We have had a full week in Grade 2 this week. We did an earthquake drill, started learning how to add with regrouping, had our first chapel with the Grade 1’s and the Grade 1/2’s. It was so fun to be able to be in the chapel and worshipping with other kids. We also been enjoying books in the series ‘If You Give a …’ and this week read about ‘If You Give a Pig a Party’. Lots of hard work, and awesome learning happening around here.
Dates to Remember:
Friday, October 23rd – Pro-d Day
No spelling list this week due to the short week.
We have been asked to memorize Psalm 23 for the Remembrance Day Assembly (which will be recorded).
If you could help your child work on this at home, as well as us doing it at school, it will be great. Please work on it from below (so that we are all using the same version).
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
And then we have our verse for the week of October 19th (which lines up with our chapel topic).
People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
- Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle every day – no water fountains available
- Please remember spoons if needed for lunches – I have no more in the classroom and they will not have one available
- Friday Letters – write a letter back to your child this weekend
- Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
- Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
- Comfort Kits – bring them in if you haven’t yet – still looking for the last few comfort kits!