Friday Update

We have had a busy week with lots of things that were out or our normal routine.We started the week with recording Psalm 23, and the students did such a great job. I think you will be so pleased when you watch Remembrance Day Assembly. On Tuesday we had a lockdown drill. It was the first of these drills this year, so we walked through what to do and where to go. I was pleased with how well they listened. On Wednesday, we had Fall Color day and hot dog lunch … for which they were all SO SO excited. Thursday we did a fun experiment … ask them about it, we may have made a bit of a mess. And Friday, we ended the week watching Charlotte’s Web, because we finished the book last week. So lots going on, and lots of fun! Now, it is hard to believe that we are in November. Time is flying so quickly! Have a great and restful weekend.

November Dates:

Tuesday, November 3rd – Assembly (in class)

Friday, November 6th – Knight Day

Tuesday, November 10th – Chapel

Wednesday, November 11th – Remembrance Day, no school

Friday, November 13th – Knight Day

Monday, November 16th – Interim Interviews

Tuesday, November 17th – Chapel

Friday, November 20th – Knight Day

Tuesday, November 24th – Chapel

Wednesday, November 25th – Western Dress Up day

Friday, November 27th – Knight Day

Spelling:

List will be introduced on Monday, November 2nd and tested on Friday, November 6th.

1. white
  2. paper
  3. cut
  4. its
  5. said
  6. sick
  7. gave
  8. give
  9. free
  10. back
  11. thing
  12. roll
  13. stone
  14. foot
  15. dance
  16. lift
  17. page
  18. after
  19. show
  20. thank

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
  • Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
  • Don’t forget to bring a water bottle every day – no water fountains available
  • Please remember spoons if needed for lunches – I have no more in the classroom and they will not have one available
  • Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
  • Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
  • I have been doing reading assessments with students as they return their first completed Home Reading page (5 weeks of reading) and I have been so very IMPRESSED with the great reading that is happening. I have several who have bumped up a level or two and I am so pleased to see many of them working hard at this. Keep up the good work 🙂